Sunday, June 8, 2014

Reflections #1 / The Find Favorite (#1)

I feel it's very important to reflect. That's why I'm starting this segment called "Reflections." We all need an outlet for our thoughts, but it's also good to look back at and see how far we've come, and ultimately, where we'd like to be.  If you take anything from this, I hope it's inspiration.

I've had better work weeks in my life. I feel so incompetent at work sometimes, most of that is due to my lack in confidence. This week I met up with my good friend Sarah, she has been having a rough time in her life, but recently she's had something of an epiphany... She decided she was going to be a professional. Once she made that choice, she went into work with her head held high, started being more sociable with co-workers, and voicing her opinion more. I'm going to take her advice this week and consider myself a "grown-up" professional. She also spoke of a man named Deepak Chopra, who I am going to begin reading.

On a much less serious note, my weekend was pretty fantastic. I slept till noon on Saturday (which I never do but it was much needed), watched Downton Abbey, and got some quality time in with my cats. Today my boyfriend and I had planned to go yard-saling, but of course it was raining. Always the optimist, my boyfriend suggested we drive to PA for the day, which turned out to be, in a word, magnificent. I think the day can be summed up simply by saying: IKEA, strawberry mojitos, and change of scenery. We all need a change of scenery every once and awhile. We also drove past this adorable restaurant called the "Steel Trolley Diner." We hope to go there soon to dine and photograph.

Well, I think you've waited long enough, back to clothes and stuff... First of all, I've got two clothing pieces on my mind that I need to have in my closet ASAP.

1. A cape dress a la Jessica Lange in American Horror Story (which I also just started watching this weekend.)

2. Some high-waisted wide leg trousers. I don't know why, I just need them. Something like these here

Finally, here is my favorite pick from my "Find" segment that I posted on Saturday. Ta-Da!

The dress was, of course thrifted, the purse I purchase at a vintage store in Columbus called "Flower Child" and the shoes were given to me. They belonged to my cousin who passed away about a year ago, which makes them even more special. I didn't really know her that well but my Great Uncle thought I would appreciate the great things that she had collected over the years. I do, and I feel glad that I can bring new life to all her great stuff. 

With Love,
Kayleigh 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS